Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nas and Jr. Gong

On Tues., I went to see Nas and Damian Marley perform live at Sonar! I was lucky enough to spend the evening with two awesome ladies, Stacey and Jessica! We had a friggin' phenomenal time... in fact, that's a vast understatement.

If you have spent more than 35 seconds with me, you know that I believe and preach equality of all people. I lead by example and no longer have to make an effort to do that. It's natural. Imagine if you will... me (5'2") in a sea of towering men. I literally was surrounded by approximately 6 men, towering over me at probably 6' or more each. I'm talking shoulder to shoulder here, figuratively of course since my shoulder was level with their ribs. Anywayyyy, petite pale skin chick jammin' in a crowd of brown faces. Now imagine us all sweating profusely, jumping, raising our hands up, dancing, singing... sweating again, because it was that HOT. Now imagine me with the biggest, cheesiest smile on my face. Imagine me closing my eyes and loving every minute. Imagine pure joy and relief that someone else in this world believes what I do. Equality. That we are all made perfectly. That we have the power within ourselves to surpass all odds and overcome all obstacles. That God is good... great! And we should be living our lives according to His will. That we are free. That we need to stand up for our rights, but we need to stand up for those who need our help, as well. I could go on forever... seriously.

The musical collaboration of Nas and Damian Marley is nothing short of genius. The show was incredible... a life changing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment