Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Count Your Blessings

Yet another Marley tribute... Count Your Blessings is the title of a track on the Distant Relatives album by Nas and Damian Marley.

The song is inspiring, for sure. A clear reminder that we should be grateful for our blessings. Let go of your negativity. Absolutely words to live by... words of wisdom... BUT, sometimes when you are aware (because you have made yourself aware) of people's hardships and society's ignorance AND you have made it your own journey to bring awareness to the issues and make.a.difference... your heartache and personal struggle to reach your goal, is exhausting. Did you follow that? Yet, if you vow to count your blessings, live life to the fullest, don't worry, be happy... aren't you, in a sense, abandoning the fight? Don't get me wrong now, we all have those days... good and bad. I will be the first to admit that I get weak and those thoughts creep into my conscious mind, reminding me how blissful ignorance truly is. I don't wake up every morning ready to start a revolution, but I do wake up every morning aware. I just find it hard to walk the super thin line between fighting for what you believe in and letting the negativity invade your own life. It's a difficult road... this one less traveled. Has someone said that before?? =) Anyway, those are my thoughts for today... take them for what they are.

I would like to end on a don't-worry-be-happy note though... my struggle aside...

I LOVE my children.
I LOVE my husband.
I LOVE my family.
I LOVE Africa!
I love China.
I love God's orphans and I will change some lives, I will.
I am blessed to be touched my music.
I love our earth and I am grateful to be here.
I love when the cool breeze blows across my cheeks and I feel the presence of my God in the air.
I LOVE being me!
I love being aware... I love the opportunity to make a change.

I am soooo blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment