Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pay It Forward

One of the things that I hate most in this life is... joining in with the crowd.

Following the shooting this morning at JHH, I imagine there will be a lot of talk about the implications of the incident for hospital staff, patients, and the community in general. I have already seen the various facebook statuses... mostly shock and disgust with what transpired at the hospital this morning.

So, it is almost painful for me to discuss this topic that others are speaking about, but I feel I may have a different point of view and so I digress.

I have so much to say.

First, media does society such a disservice. Entertainment for many is a handbook for some. Whoever dreams up the insanely ridiculous season finales of the newest television drama, is a mastermind. You are a genius. I could never just imagine that scene unfolding! And most likely, neither could any other joe shmow. Unfortunately, the concept for the TV drama gives birth to psychopathic reality for some of the crazies in society. I am, by no means, placing blame. I firmly believe that each individual has their own mind and is capable of making their own decisions. Period. But the fact of the matter is, if you make a TV show depicting a distraught patient/family member shooting up a hospital, you create ideas in some who may not of thought of that on their own. Key word: may.

Furthermore, what the hell is wrong with people? Why does this society... these generations, seem to lack appreciation for human life? For life in general? Do you not see life... air to breath, eyes to see, a heart to beat? It is not acceptable to take another life. That should have never become an option at all. Now, it is a feasible and sometimes simple alternative. That is absurd.

Something is wrong with our society and why it takes a tragedy, such as the shooting at JHH, to open people's eyes, is beyond me. Wake up people! We need to make a change! We need to love one another. It is a learning process, but with knowledge comes acceptance, and through acceptance, love can form.

If you take nothing else from my scattered writings, please take this moment to consider love over hate. It starts with you. One, single person... in one, single instance... choosing kindness over cruelty. It WILL create a chain reaction. Pay it forward, peeps!

1 comment:

  1. You're a genius. Gina, I truly admire your loving personality and big heart!

    <3 Marie

    ReplyDelete