Sunday, September 19, 2010

Individuality

Ahhh, individuality... one of my favorite topics.

Individuality is on my mind today, because... well... because I love it that much.

I am drawn to people who live their lives with little to no influence from society.
It is so insanely hard to look within ourselves instead of to others, because we don't trust ourselves. We automatically think that someone else, regardless of how ignorant they really are, knows more about any given subject than we do. Why is that? Why don't we see ourselves as the brilliant, beautiful creations we are? Conformity is a sad, sad reality for so many people who would otherwise, have so much to offer.
Also, if we, as individuals, find ourselves feeling ignorant in the presence of others, why don't we then educate ourselves? Instead, we feel lower and less worthy. Take an encounter with a knowledgeable individual as an opportunity. Be empowered. Pick up a book and educate yourself. There is an infinite amount of subjects, capable of grasping your heart and creating an undying passion in your soul. Don't you want to be passionate? Don't you want to make a difference? Only you have the power to determine your path in this life. You can happily join in with the crowd and live your days unaware of the vast knowledge and astounding impact you could have on this world. Or, you can embrace your God given ability to make your own choices. Figure out what you believe in! Don't just agree with the majority, uneducated. Empower yourself! Then, stand up for what you believe in... and you'll be able too, people, because you will have the knowledge to back it up... as well as the love and passion for what you are fighting for.

In my short time on this earth, I have already found many causes worth fighting for. It took some time for me to understand why I feel so strongly about specific topics, but I now realize that these are subjects I have educated myself on (years worth) and my interest drove me to learn more, and my thirst for knowledge turned into love in my heart. I am who I am. I love what I love... but that will change over time... as it should.

I hope you will, if only for a moment, look within yourself for your guiding light. I promise, what you find will be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment