Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sponsorship

Please don't forget to visit www.anorphanswish.org and learn more about what we do! Look at the precious faces of our children and open your heart to sponsoring a child who needs your support to reach his/her full potential! These children are so incredible! So resourceful!
Clearly, times are hard for many of us, but our hard times do not compare to the experiences of even the tiniest baby in the care of AOW. Dig deep... what can you sacrifice in order to give a child the medical care he/she needs and deserves?

Daily, I look at my children and try to imagine their lives without me and Mike. Each of my children is so unique and amazing in their very own way, but I wonder how they would be different if they didn't have a mommy and daddy tending to their needs. I know that Austin wouldn't lean in to kiss me every time I tell him I love him. I know a kiss wouldn't cure his boo-boos. I know he wouldn't find comfort resting his head on my chest. I know Travis wouldn't ask me to "snuggle him up" every night before bed. I know he wouldn't tell me he loves me "bigger than the sky." I know Mason wouldn't tell his little brother to "have a good day at school". I know he wouldn't come running at the sound of Mommy getting hurt, arms spread open wide, ready to comfort.
Some of the very things that make my children so amazing... so loving and absolutely incredible, would not be part of who they are if they didn't have parents. If they did not have the love of a family forever, they would not be the same people they are today.
It makes me aware of how critical it is to support the children at AOW and show them consistency, comfort, and love while they are in care. I am reminded how important it is for them to receive medical treatment and then have the opportunity to find the love of forever families.
Please consider sponsoring one of the children at AOW. Give them the chance to find their forever families. Give them the chance to let down their guard and let their unique, loving personalities shine through. It's so much more than sending a monthly donation. It is sending love and opportunity... and it feels amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment