Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Marley Mama Revealed ~ Music

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
~ Bob Marley

I am one of those people that literally marches to the beat of her own drum. Or dances. Or sings.

I am in love with music. I appreciate the artistry in songwriting and have the capability to completely lose myself in a melody and lyrics. In an instant I can be brought to tears or overwhelmed with joy. Musicians have a very unique and substantial opportunity to convey a message, because music affects people emotionally and... very personally.

Music is my comfort... my security blanket for adults. In a moment when I am feeling completely overwhelmed, I turn to my ipod to offer the escape I need. Instantly I am lost in the melody and am able to let my stress slip away. Music makes me a better mother. I am the mom you see on the commercials, dancing in her pjs to Sesame Street in the kitchen. I am the mom passing out spatulas to be used as microphones. I am the mom who sings endless lullabies to calm my babies to sleep.

Music plays deep in my soul and lulls me to serenity. I'd be lost without it. And I wouldn't be nearly as cool as I will be when my children are teenagers and I'm still blasting my jams in the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment