Friday, January 21, 2011

At a loss for words

Today I want to write about Africa. I want to write about the passion in my soul for a continent and countries I have never even visited. I want to write poetically about the child-like joy that washes over me when I find a trinket in my local store labeled, "hand carved in Kenya". I want to convey my emotions as I literally skip to the counter to purchase my treasure. I want to describe how this ties in to who I am and what this all means for my life, but I just can't find the words today. I can never seem to find the words.

Instead, I'll sit here (camera in hand) and try to capture my three little love-bugs as they zoom up and down the hall trading costumes. Batman, Robin, Darth Vader, storm trooper, Spider man... if I have to tie on another cape today, I might lose my joyful mommy mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment